Setup a web development environment for creating web applications with Apache2, PHP, and MySQL. This article helps you to install WAMP Server on windows.
Before coding the program, every developer must have the necessary software loaded on his or her computer. Initially, developers had to install each piece of software individually and then configure it to function together. WampServer and other web solution stack software are now accessible, combining all required software into a single package. To get your development environment up and running, you just need to install one package.
The following parts will be covered in this blog article.
WampServer is a PHP-based web development solution stack that is free to use. WAMP is an abbreviation meaning (Windows, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). phpMyAdmin and Adminer are also provided for database management. WAMP is a popular utility that may be quickly installed. The WAMP server may also be setup via the control panel. It provides a complete environment for creating and testing web applications. WampServer is made up of many components that you may choose during installation depending on your needs. WampServer comes with many PHP versions. You may simply switch between PHP versions depending on the requirements of your project. You may also change the DBMS (Database Management System) using the Wampserver control panel.
To install WAMP Server on Windows, follow the steps outlined below.
- Download Wampserver from the official website https://www.wampserver.com
- Choose a WampServer 32 bits or WampServer 64 bits version of the installer according to your operating system.
- Locate the wamp download file and double-click on it to run the installation process.
- Select the language and then press the OK button.
- Choose the I accept the agreement checkbox and then click the Next button.
- Read the important information about WampServer installation and click the Next button to proceed.
- Select a folder where you want to install the WAMP server and click the Next button.
- You have to select the components that you want to install as shown in the below screenshot. You can select all PHP versions and switch during development. Also, you can install both MySQL and MariaDB.
- Select the shortcut for WampServer and click the Next button.
- Click on the Install button to install WampServer.
- Now, select the default browser and default text editor for the wamp server.
- Your installation is complete. Click the Finish button to exit the Wamp Server installation wizard.
- Open your browser and type localhost for accessing it. You will see below page.
Now, we will look into few configurations that help you during the development and testing of the web applications. You can now start the WampServer by double-clicking on the shortcut WampServer icon on your desktop.
- Services – You can see the options to start, stop and restart all services by left-clicking on the WampServer icon.
- Change Database – Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Tools and click on “Invert default DBMS MariaDB <-> MySQL”. Wamp Server will restart automatically and you can see the default database by opening localhost in your browser.
- Change PHP Version – Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Tools and Change PHP CLI version and click on the PHP version you want.
- Virtual Host – You can easily add a virtual host via the web interface of WampServer. Open localhost in your browser and click on the “Add a Virtual Host” under the Tools section. Enter “Name of the virtual host like dev.example.com” and enter the absolute path of the project. Click on the “Start the creation of VirtualHost” button. Restart the Apache server to load the newly created virtual host.
- Change Apache Port – By default, the Apache web server runs on port 80. If you want to use a different port for Apache, you can do it from the WampServer control Panel. Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Tools and click on “Use a port other than 80”. Enter a new port number in the dialog box and click on the Ok button.
- Change DBMS Port – By default, the database server runs on port 3306. If you want to use a different port for the database server, you can do it from the WampServer control Panel. Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Tools and click on “Use a port other than 3306”. Enter the new port number in the dialog box and click on the Ok button.
- Empty Logs – WamServer provides functionality to clear logs from the control panel. You can empty logs such as PHP error log, Apache error log, Apache access log, MySQL log, and MariaDB log. Even you can clear all logs at once. Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Tools and select Empty logs, you will find all options for removing logs.
- Change Language – You can language for WampServer control panel. Right-click on the WAMP icon to open the tools dialog box. Select Language and click on the required language. You will see control panel in the newly selected language.
You may access phpMyAdmin for the maintenance of your databases by accessing localhost in your browser and then click on the phpMyAdmin link on the WampServer welcome page. Also, you may access it by visiting http://localhost/phpmyadmin URL.
We addressed WampServer and provided a detailed step-by-step instruction for installing WampServer on Windows. By following this article, you can quickly install and setup WampServer and begin coding right away. For additional information about solution stack software, please see the links in the Explore section.
If Our Method Resolve Your Problem Consider To Share This Post, You can help more People Facing This Problem and also, if you want, you can Subscribe at Our Youtube Channel as Well!