This article will walk you through the process of upgrading a Windows 8/8.1 PC to a Windows 10 PC. This lesson has been changed, and I will do my best to guarantee that you understand it. I hope you enjoyed my blog article on How to Upgrade a Windows 8/8.1 PC to Windows 10. If you replied yes after reading the article, please show your support by sharing it with your friends and family.
The free Windows 10 upgrade program, which was supposed to last a year, is reportedly still available to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. Customers using prior versions of Windows may update to Windows 10 for free by visiting the official Windows 10 download page. A survey found that clients must have a genuine copy of the previous operating system they wish to update. Furthermore, a rumored Microsoft employee said that the original free upgrade for an annual membership was really a marketing trick.
Windows 10 was released in 2015, and Microsoft said at the time that owners of previous Windows operating systems may upgrade to the current version for free for a year. However, according to Windows Latest, Windows 10 is still available as a free upgrade for anybody who have a valid subscription for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. After ensuring that you are running a legitimate version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, go to the official download page and follow these steps:
You may upgrade your PC to Windows 10 via one of two methods: the Windows Control Panel or the Microsoft website.
- Right-click the Windows Start icon in the lower left corner of the screen, or press the Windows and X keys at the same time.
- Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the Windows update option.
- Click Start to initiate the update.
- Click Accept to accept the License Agreement.
- Select whether to start the update now or later. When you accomplish these steps, your update will begin, and it may take some time to complete. Throughout the process, your computer will reboot many times.
- When you’re completed, you’ll get a “Welcome Back” screen. Follow the on-screen steps to finish installing Windows 10.
- You will then have the option to customize your Windows settings. If you choose Use express settings, the machine will boot into the default Windows 10 settings. You can also alter the settings by clicking the Customize options button. It will also guide you through the remainder of the configuration, including calibrating Cortana.
- When the installation is finished, you’ll be able to login in using the same credentials you used in Windows 8.
- Allow Windows a few moments to install all of the programs. When you’re finished, you’ll see the home screen. Automatic updates are enabled by default. If you want to upgrade Windows 10 straight immediately, go to Settings, then Update & security, and then Check for updates.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 download page using your favourite browser.
- To begin, click the Download Tool Now option.
- Run the configuration utility after it has completed downloading.
- To update your current computer, choose the Upgrade this PC immediately radio option and then click Next. The program will lead you through the identical setup process as Method 1 explained. Start with step 6.
- After choosing Create installation disc for another PC, click Next to update another machine.
I hope this information on How to Upgrade Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10 PC was helpful. If you replied no, you may post any questions you have regarding this issue in the contact forum. And if you replied yes, please assist us by informing your friends and family.
Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended more than four years ago, but did you know you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and get a free digital license for the most recent version of Windows 10? If you are still on Windows 7, switching to Windows 10 is now more important than ever, since support for Windows 7 has officially ended. If you have a PC running a “genuine” copy of Windows 7/8/8.1, here’s how to receive a free upgrade to Windows 10.
There are also a few alternative ways to get Windows 10. You can buy Windows 10 via the Microsoft store, but it will cost you about 139 dollars.
The fundamental consideration is security. Microsoft Windows 7 is an old operating system that has been in use since 2009. After 11 years, Microsoft has now announced that Windows 7 would be phased out in January 2020. Microsoft will no longer release security updates or patches for Windows 7. This means that if you keep using it, you will be vulnerable to virus attacks, which you most certainly do not want to deal with.
Windows 8 and 8.1 are still officially maintained, but they are ancient operating systems that have been available since 2012. A lot has changed and improved since then, so even if you have Windows 8, you should upgrade to Windows 10 to keep ahead of the curve.
However, before you begin, we urge that you review these prerequisites. Microsoft recommends the following system requirements for installing Windows 10 on your machine.
- CPU: a minimum of 1GHz processor
- RAM: 1GB for Windows 10 (32-bit) or 2GB for Windows 10 (64-bit) (64-bit)
- Storage: a minimum of 32GB
- DirectX 9 or later with the WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800 x 600 minimum resolution
- Internet connection: During the setup step, certain versions of Windows 10 need an Internet connection.
If you meet them all, then you may proceed with upgrading your current Windows installation!
Now, let’s go through the processes of upgrading to Windows 10 for free.
- Before you begin, ensure that you are running a valid copy of Windows 7 or later.
- To free up space on the C drive, look for and install the most current driver updates, especially for the network adapter.
- To download Windows 10 update files from the Microsoft server, make sure you have a stable internet connection, and then disconnect from the VPN (if configured on your computer)
- For the time being, uninstall any third-party security software and low-level system applications that may interfere with the upgrade.
- Remove any unnecessary external devices, especially USB flash drives and external hard drives.
Upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using the media creation tool
If you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you may upgrade directly from the operating system to Windows 10 by utilizing the media creation tool.
Step 1: Go to the Windows 10 download page, an official Microsoft portal where you can receive the media production tool that will allow you to upgrade for free.
Step 02: Double-click the executable file to run the Media Creation Tool, click yes if UAC (user account control) prompts for permission.
Step 03: Accept the terms and conditions then choose the Upgrade This PC options that lets you keep your files and preferences.
Step 04: Click next and follow the prompts to complete the upgrade to Windows 10, That option installs the most recent version of Windows 10.
Please bear in mind that during the update process, the program will download Windows 10 files from the Microsoft server, which may take some time depending on your internet connection and system settings. This method might take some time, and the computer could restart many times.
When the upgrade is finished, go to Settings, choose “Update & Security,” and then click “Activation.” You may check here to verify whether the Windows 10 update was successful. If not, click the “Activate” button.
If you are unable to receive a license, input your Windows 7 product key and activate the operating system manually.
To begin, in order to completely use Windows 10, a genuine license is essential. You’ll receive all vital security updates, won’t be bombarded with warning and nag screens about your unlawful installation, and you’ll be able to enjoy all Microsoft services, including the amazing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 for free
you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and claim a free digital license for the latest Windows 10 version without spending a penny.
- What version of Windows 10 is the free upgrade?
Devices running Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 (the standard edition) will receive Windows 10 Home. And those of you running Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro for Students will receive Windows 10 Pro.
- Can I upgrade to Windows 10 without a product key?
Yes Microsoft allows anyone to download Windows 10 for free and install it without a product key, But there are some feature restrictions
If Our Method Resolve Your Problem Consider To Share This Post, You can help more People Facing This Problem and also, if you want, you can Subscribe at Our Youtube Channel as Well!